Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bleaching in Tha Yard



I think it's easy to blame the bleachers, and sure they are being foolish, but I noticed that that the dermatologist and the host were both lighter skinned. And all spoke of bleaching as a means to gain social status whether through work, love interests or whatever.

So what they were saying showed true in the very report. We're still suffering from colourism in our communities and it's not only hollywood, it's everywhere. especially in Jamaica and the west indies. plus obama is half white, which made it easier for him to be 'in' with everybody.

terrible thing though not to love yourself. i don't condone it, but I understand since the same society that tells them not to do it, is the society that oppresses because their complexion is black.

What do you think?

1 comment:

chantey said...

Watching this a place inside me cry, no it does not, it bwals!! This syndrome, this mentality, this hurtful concept that being black is such a crime such a sin...It hurts soo much.Been Jamaican I have seen the "bleachers" those who claim it to be a fad...those who speak the truth "Mi waan get brown an pretty" awww. The awakening of black consciousness is imperative before we can be cured of our coloured malaise. "Sh brown an pretty eeen, a suh him black an ugly"...the beginning of bleaching uh words elude as at this moment I am hurting hurting for my nation my people my ebony Kings, cocoa Queens mocha Princess', my earth toned Prince's...Chantal McFarlane